Link my Interactive Brokers Account

Can you please add the ability to link my interactive brokers account automatically?

It is a bit of a pain keeping my Navexa account up to date manually

I want to add my vote to this request. I was able to sync my portfolio to my Saxo account so that it automatically added new transactions. Can this be added at some stage?

Hey team, just to give you an update.

We do have two solutions in the pipe for IBKR support, one of which is better than the other. We are waiting on a some feedback from a provider of ours, before we can proceed with the implementation. Suffice to say, it is on the way!

2 Likes

Hey Nick,

Will be upgrading my subscription when you add integration to IBKR.

Thanks, Mate.

1 Like

Very cool! This feature has been getting a lot of attention recently from our other various channels - Will chat with Nav on Monday, and will come up with a timeline!

Same here, I’ll watch this space.
PS: I have other 3 friends that currently use sharesight and won’t consider switching if there is no automatic integration with IBKR.

1 Like

Alrighty team, we hear you loud and clear!

Would anybody be able to indulge me as to why they use IBKR? It seems extremely popular

Some unordered points…

For starters, No monthly fee ( They used to have a $10 fee for inactivity if you did not made a trade in a month and you have less that 100k, but I think it was removed)

Low transaction fee. $1 USD per trade (NASDAQ,NSYE) and for ASX it is about $6.60

The conversion rates USD/AUD are pretty good.

Their platform is second to none, with great security. The web app and the mobile app are pretty good. Great algorithms for buying/selling . Integration that gives you the company profile, fundamentals, financials, analyst rating and the news and upcoming events for each company/security.

They have a great Learning resource the Trading academy with lessons + quizzes
https://tradersacademy.online/

The reporting is great as well. Their whole portfolio management view is pretty good as well. I’ll say that the only thing that is missing is what you and sharesight have which is the Australian tax part, and the nice report per security with the return (

They have desktop app (Trader Workstation) that is probably too advanced for what my needs are (or my trading knowledge )

The setup for the Australia SMSF takes a week to get approved but is not hard to get, not sure how other platforms are.

2 Likes

Support is quite decent.

And this point will be quite interesting for you, the API documentation is pretty good, (with examples for each language (Java, .NET (C#), C++, Python, or DDE) have a look
https://interactivebrokers.github.io/tws-api/connection.html

Get a read here for more
https://www.interactivebrokers.com.au/en/index.php?f=40071&wid=763162689

I’m not too familiar with the other tens of trading platforms but this one seems very complete for my needs.

1 Like

@fede Thanks for that writeup, really thorough and insightful!

I think I had stumbled similar documentation in the past. Unfortunately it requires you run their Trading Workstation (TWS) application per account. However they do have some solutions more appropriate for third parties such as ourselves, which we are currently looking into

2 Likes

Hi There ,
Are you still working on this? if so any ETA?

Hey @fede

We have a solution in beta at the moment. If you are interested in taking part, send an email to nick@navexa.io, and I will get you added to the beta program!

1 Like

Hello

Any updates on IBRK integration?

I’ve started using them more and more… so I’m back to using multiple apps for portfolio tracking. Tax time is also approaching!

I emailed for beta access a while back, but no response.

Hey @Scradacious ,

we are hoping to be trialling a solution in the next few weeks. I will add all the users in this thread to the beta program, and reach out with instructions as I have them.

Thanks for your patience on this one

Hi All,

We are currently waiting on IB to activate the data feed. Once that is done we will be able to complete our end of the work and then make this available for beta testers.

Sorry for the delay!

Update: IB have made the required changes at their end.

We are now continuing work at our end to support the IB integration.

Stay tuned for announcements in the next few weeks.

Hi Fede,

How are you obtaining accurate exchange rate and exchange data for your IBKR trades? These fields don’t populate when I run the transaction report.

Thanks.

Hi Navarre - any news on IBKR? Very happy to Beta test. I run a software dev shop so it will be thorough/delivered in a format that is useful :slight_smile:

Cheers

I’m still eagerly awaiting Interactive Brokers integration (and happy to beta test).

Aside from API integration, IBKR also email a “daily trade report” with HTML table attachment which contains exchange rates etc.

Alright gang, we are excited to give a positive update on this feature. It has been in the pipes for a long time.

We are at a point where we need a few beta testers to help us ensure all the values line up for a few accounts. If you are interested, please reach out to info@navexa.io - and we will hook you up a bit early!

1 Like